ACADEMY DAY EVENTS IN BOISE AND COEUR D'ALENE TO PROCEED
Idaho Falls Event Canceled due to Scheduling Conflict
Washington, DC -Due to scheduling conflicts, there will not be an Academy Day in Idaho Falls as originally planned. Students in this area of the state are encouraged to attend the Boise Academy Day, or contact Senator Craig, Senator Crapo or Congressman Simpson for additional information.
The purpose of these gatherings is to share information with students, parents, and counselors about the Congressional nomination process for the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, NY. While a Congressional nomination is not needed to attend the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, representatives have been invited to share information about this school as well.
This year's forums are being held in Coeur d'Alene and Boise. Participants can meet with Academy Liaisons, Cadets and Midshipmen; hear about each academy and learn how to apply for a Congressional nomination.
The Service Academy Day locations on Saturday, October 6th are as follows:
· Coeur d'Alene - Administration Building, 451 Government Way, Rooms 1A and 1B, 9:30 a.m. - Noon
· Boise - Timberline High School, 701 East Boise Ave., 9:30 a.m. - Noon
For more information, contact:
· Mick Webster, Senator Craig's office, (208) 523-5541
· Linda Norris, Senator Crapo's office, (202) 224-0851
· Linda Culver, Congressman Simpson's office, (208) 734-7219
· Josh Callihan, Congressman Sali's office, (208) 667-0127
The deadline to apply through one of the Idaho Delegation offices for the class entering in 2008 is October 31, 2007.