Washington, DC. – Idaho Senator Mike Crapo welcomes a number of students from Idaho to his offices to serve their internships this summer. All will be assisting with constituent contacts, legislative responsibilities, office administrative tasks and other duties.
Four Idaho graduates and students are serving in Crapo’s Washington DC office this summer:
• Casey Attebery is a junior, studying Political Science at the University of Idaho. He is a native of Fruitland and graduated from Fruitland High School in 2006.
• Jared Larsen, Burley, will graduate this summer from Brigham Young University, with Bachelor’s Degrees in both Political Science and Spanish. He is a 2003 graduate of Declo High School.
• Amanda Stauffer just graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho in April with a B.A. degree in history. She is from Mountain Home, and graduated in 2003 from Mountain Home High School.
• Bradley Vandendries just graduated from Gonzaga University, with a B.A. in Economics, minor in Philosophy. He is a Boise resident, and graduated from Boise High School in 2005.
Crapo also has five interns serving this summer in state offices. The following are interning in the Idaho State Office in Boise:
• Brad Griff grew up on his family’s farm near Twin Falls and is a 2009 graduate of the University of Idaho where he studied Political Science and Spanish. He graduated from Filer High School in 2005.
• Jessica Harrison, a 2008 graduate of Bishop Kelly High School, is enrolled at the University of San Diego, where she is majoring in English.
• Erin McGown, Boise, is studying German and International Studies at the University of Idaho and plans to study abroad before graduating next year. She is a 2006 graduate of Boise High School, but finished her high school experience with a year at a German Gymnasium (high school).
Two other interns are working out of other state offices:
• Rick Kelly is pursuing a Master’s/Ph.D. at Utah State University and holds an undergraduate Political Science degree from Brigham Young University-Idaho, with a degree in Political Science. He currently lives in Rexburg, and is a 2003 graduate of Golden West High School in Visalia, California. He is assigned to the Eastern Idaho-North Office in Idaho Falls.
• Jodi Pugmire, Soda Springs, is a senior at Idaho State University, studying communications. She is a 2006 graduate of Soda Spring High School. She is working in the Eastern Idaho-South Office in Pocatello.
To learn more about the internships offered through Crapo’s office, please visit the Crapo Campus Student section at http://crapo.senate.gov. Information and application materials on internships as well as deadlines for the materials may be found at http://crapo.senate.gov/resources/interns.cfm. Due to unanticipated delays in mail delivery on Capitol Hill, students who are applying for internships in the Washington, DC, office are encouraged to fax, not mail, their materials; the fax number is (202) 228-1375.